Gals, we need to have a little chat about Mastitis. I've been dealing with this since Friday. It put me out for four days. Ashley, I'm pretty sure you had this with Anna...Amy, did you ever get it? Holy crap, it is awful. I can't even begin to tell you how miserable I have felt. I was seriously OUT all weekend. I couldn't function. Why hasn't anyone ever complained seriously about this before? Am I just a baby? Any secrets to the recovery? I've been on two antibiotics, major pain pills, I've been putting hot packs on, nursing/pumping like crazy, but my clogged ducts are still there...now on both sides!
Is this too much info for a blog?
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Trish-
Oh I am soooo sorry. I have never had mastitis. Sure, I've had a clogged milk duct or two before, but never as bad as you. I wish I had some great miracle advice to cure you. I have to say the only bad thing I have had to deal with is thrush a couple of times, but a good dose of diflucan will clear that up. Is there anything I can do to help, besides latching on?
Ohhhh Trish! That sucks! Yes, I had mastitis and I am so sorry that you have to deal with it. My right boob hurts just thinking about it. My sister-in-law just barely got it too. She could barely lift her head of her pillow. I wish I had a miracle cure, but really, just keep taking your antibiotics and it will get better. It takes a few days to kick in. In the meantime, just keep taking hot showers and pumping. And try massaging the clogged ducts too. There's a miracle nipple cream out there called Newman's Nipple Ointment. It's a perscription and it's awesome if you have sore nipples. I can empathize and I hope it gets better for you soon! Call me if I can help! -Ash
Sorry this is totally random - you have no idea who I am (I'm friends with Dave & Ashley, and I came across your blog). Anyways I had terrible Mastitis with my second baby, and it actually got worse when I was on antibiotics. I called my doctor and they told me to go to the E.R. because it's not supposed to get worse before it gets better. I had to get I.V. antibiotics for 4 days and they were able to give me painkillers which helped a ton. The doctor told me if I had waited much longer to come in it could have turned into a Breast Abcess which has to be surgically drained. Not to freak you out or anything, but just be careful and call your doctor if you don't seem to be improving. :)
hi...my wish have anice time every time in this black life
Post a Comment