Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

Here are a few of the cousins at the Easter Egg Hunt. Emily, Kiley, Elsie, Amber, and Nate in the back


Here are a few more, Emily, Kiley, Aubrey, Elsie, Amber, Andy, Jeremy, Parker, Nate, Taten, and Ian (we're missing Spencer & Will in the photo)












We didn't get the kids in their Easter best for this photo, but it'll do.


We had a fun Easter Egg hunt at Grammy & Grandpas. The kids look forward to it every year. The little kids take a turn first (the bigger kids hide the eggs for them), and then the bigger kids get their turn (the smaller kids hide their eggs). It's a fun tradition, and the kids love hiding each other's eggs. We've debated on what to tell the kids about the Easter bunny. We feel weird telling them a bunny brought them goodies in baskets. What do you do? Do you tell your kids you're the bunny, or do they think a giant bunny snuck in the house and delivered candy to them? I feel like I have to tell them there is an Easter Bunny, other wise they'll be the kids that ruin it for all the others. Luckily the kids are small enough now they don't really care, and didn't ask too many questions. That gives us another year until we really need to decide how we handle this!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

When I couldn't find the last few eggs, my parents would say that they HEARD the Easter Bunny in the closet, or by the bed...

I totally believed them! I was a super huge sucker though. But I do believe I believed in the Bunny longer than Santa.

Emily said...

What a fun Easter!!! I can't believe how much some of those grandkids look like Morgan's. We need to get together this week since we have no dance. I will call you!

Stacie said...

I was staring at that grandkid picture for like 10 minutes trying to figure out who everyone was. I still don't know if I have it down. but we can go over it next time I'm with you. Super cute. Looks like a fun easter.

Anonymous said...

The Easter bunny...kind of an interesting one. I feel the same way. I have to remind myself not to spoil it for the kids, but it does seem odd that the way we celebrate the resurrection of our Savior is to have a big bunny hide our Easter eggs. Weird.

Mary said...

Cute pictures and what a fun hunt! I know just what you mean about the Easter Bunny. I never know quite what to say. Hope you are surviving! Love ya.

PS I'm super jealous your babe sleeps through the night! What the heck is wrong with mine????

Mary said...

PPS I just had to send Sadie away so she coudn't read what I was writing about the Easter Bunny. Ironic, isn't it?

Ashley said...

Love those Morgan cousins! Such a cute little fam. And egg hunting with cousins is the best. I was totally laughing about the whole Easter Bunny thing, because I have thought the same thing...it's so strange. Miss you!