Sunday, January 18, 2009

Welcome Baby Aubrey!

She is here! Shortly after my last post, we headed to the Dr. and I was checked again, and he stripped my membranes. The chance for induction was looking slim, so he suggested I walk around to try and go in to labor on my own. He said not to eat anything because I'd most likely go in to labor in the next little bit. I was starving though, I didn't eat breakfast thinking I'd get in that morning. Anyway, so Matt and I left and went to eat some lunch. At lunch, the hospital called and said they had room and to come on over. We ate fast and got there by about 1:30. She started the pitocin around 2:00, my Dr. broke my water around 2:30, and then we waited. The anesthesiologist was super busy that day, so my constant requests for an epidural were unsuccessful, and he didn't get there until close to 4:00. By then I was at an 8 and dying. I was in so much pain (you ladies that go natural, way to go...it's not in the cards for me. I don't know how you do it!). Anyway, by 4:15 I was feeling great, and she was born at 4:56. I pushed just a few times. It was a great delivery. She is super cute, and reminds us a lot of Amber, but she has a lot of differences too. She's super chubby, which I LOVE. She weighed 8 pounds 8 oz., and was 20 inches long. She so far is super mellow, loves to eat and suck her binki. I had a great two days at the hospital, but am happy to be home. I'm feeling good now (however, Grandma still has Amber & Parker, so chaos will arrive soon!). Matt has a few days off next week which will be very helpful. Anyway, we're loving this new baby. We named her Aubrey Joyce.


















Parker isn't too sure of this new addition. Amber is in heaven though, and loves to hold her. She's already made a set of rules about Aubrey (one of which is she eats only milk).


















20 comments:

naptime nostalgia said...

She is so cute! Congrats Deming Fam!

Laurie said...

I'm so glad you are on top of it and have pictures up! I'm glad everything went well. I'll be calling you.

Millett Family said...

Congratulations! You guys have come
such a long way, I am so happy for you! You have a darling family!

Emily said...

Love the pictures!!! The black and white of you and the baby is priceless. She is so dang cute...love those chubby cheeks! Congrats to you all and way to go Trish!!

Blondie Blues said...

Congrats! She is so dang cute! She has luscious lips... WATCH out for those boys Aubrey. Love the name too. I am so happy for your family and glad that your feeling well Trish. The R.S. Pres wants to bring you dinner and I didn't know if this Tuesday would be too soon? I will call you. Nothing better than a NEW babe! ENJOY!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! The pictures were great. Glad that you and your family are doing well.

Katy said...

She is darling! Congrats!! Enjoy those first days with your baby and fam, it just doesn't last long enough. Hope you are feeling well. I can't wait to meet her.

Sjuulke said...

Hello Trisha and Matt,

congratulations, what a cute little girl. We are glad that all went well. What a good name choice, darn cute.

Enjoy the coming crazy weeks with three kids in house. :-)

Love and best wishes
Martina and Bryan

Julie said...

She is beautiful!!! We are so excited to have a new little cousin. We love you all and wish a calm and speedy recovery.

Cory and Holly said...

Congrats Deming Family! She is beautiful! And Trish, you look Great! Enjoy!

Marli said...

Congrats! She is a cutie. I love the black and white photo of the two of you.

Ashley said...

So, so beautiful!!! Congratulations to you all. And especially to you Trish, for going through labor and delivering this gorgeous bundle of joy. I almost started crying when I saw these pictures! I wish I could come visit so much! Sending my love throught the world wide web!!!

Bonnie @HobbytoHOT said...

Hurray, hurray, hurray! How beautiful Trish! We couldn't be more happy for you :)

Johnson Family said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful. What a wonderful time for your family:)

Michelle said...

Well I saw this right when you posted it, but I haven't had a chance to add my Congrats to the most awesome parents and siblings around. Thinking of you!

Posh Ideas said...

Congratulations. I love the name Aubrey too.

Julie Ethington said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! We are so excited for you guys! Can you believe that just a year ago we were on our cruise together... How time flies! Well... You look amazing and it is so cute seeing Amber with those sweet rosy cheeks and that excited smile! You can tell she's going to be such a good sister! We love you! Good luck with three!

Love, Julie & Mike

Anonymous said...

I love it. I'm so excited to see her in person when I come...did you know I was coming??

KDSteck said...

Congratulations - a family of 3 now... wow! She is so cute and your labor sounds like you did just fine. And Trish, if you made it to an 8 you could of made it all the way... trust me I know :)Get used to mayham, that never goes away. Love - Kat

Anonymous said...

What a sweetheart