Sunday, June 28, 2009

Happy Anniversary

Matt and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary a few weeks ago. It seems so strange because I feel so young still. Nine years is a long time, so it tells me we're getting old! I look at these photos and think "we were babies!" We had a great anniversary. Matt's parents took the kids (including Aubrey) for the weekend, so we were able to hang out, get stuff done around the yard and house, shop, plant our garden, go to dinner, go to a movie (that didn't get out until after midnight!) and sleep in! It was fabulous! We're so grateful for Matt's parents. What a huge sacrifice for them. Matt and I said at least three times, we HAVE to remember this gesture and do the same for our children. It was so nice to just be "a couple" for two days. We could be selfish and just take care of our needs. It's amazing how much of the day is spent worrying about others when you're a parent. It's not until they're gone you realize how often you're filling up a sippy cup, changing diapers, getting snacks, washing dishes, cleaning up messes, breaking up fights, playing games, etc.etc.etc. The list goes on and on. It was really a nice weekend, and made this anniversary an extra special one.



3 comments:

Katy said...

So cute! It for sure doesn't seem like 9 yrs ago. I remember it like it was yesterday.
We do need to get together more. Maddi has talked non-stop about playing with Amber. They had the best time with you guys.

KDSteck said...

Happy Anniversary! I am glad you got to spend a few days alone. You nailed it on the head, you don't know how much you do until there isn't someone to do it for. Glad you got to be selfish for a weekend, the two of you deserver it!

Mary said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! Can you believe 9 years! Crazy. I'm so jealous you got a few days to yourself. . . all we could squeeze in was an hour! I loved seeing those pictures from your wedding. I remember it so well. You guys are so cute. And, I loved your Father's Day post - Matt sounds like the best dad to your kiddos! We do need to get together real soon here. When?!?!?