Sunday, June 6, 2010

Happy 70th Dad/Grandpa!!!

We celebrated my dad's 70th birthday yesterday! I can't believe he's 70! His older brother turned 80 this year, and that was strange for me too! It seems like parents are stuck in their 50's. I really don't feel like my parents are getting older! My sister Carrie had the bright idea to have a surprise party for him. After all, 70 is quite a milestone! So we spent the week planning a fun Hawaiian style surprise party. We didn't tell my mom about the party either, so it was a total shocker for both!

We were all waiting on the stairs ready to yell surprise. They thought they were going to dinner with Joan and Chad at Sampan, and thought they were just dropping off Joan/Chad's kids but little did they know...


As you can see Amber was so excited (she especially LOVED her little dress, and even asked if she could sleep in it).
This was my favorite costume of the night.

Mandy made this cake, how awesome is she? I am amazed at what she is capable of! This cake couldn't be cuter, and notice the volcano behind! That is real smoke coming out!

It wouldn't be a party for Matt without a little shut-eye.
We even had a little entertainment thanks to Eric's drum skills. It felt like we were at the PCC for a minute.

This is the line for the pinata. We started the line, oldest to youngest. Out of all those kids, three are only two between Parker & Amber! Boy they are close together!
Grandpa taking the first swing.





Yes, that is for real. She actually made it! Go Joan!


Emily has the same birthday as Grandpa, so we sang Happy Birthday to Emily as well. Happy 6th Birthday Emily! Amber was sad this morning because she wanted to be the same age as Emily.
Joan and Chad rented a "shave ice" machine, and made us real "shave ice." Complete with ice cream on the bottom, shaved ice with many choices for topping, sweet & condensed milk, and topped with whipped cream. It was so good! I think we all had two!







It was a great night. It was fun to totally surprise Dad and Mom. I love any time spent with family, and can't get enough of it!

6 comments:

Emily said...

Looks like such a fun night! I have you say you look hot Trish! I love the outfit! What good kids you are. I am with you...our parents will always be in their 50's!

Michelle said...

Sort of looks like the funnest party ever.

Anna said...

So fun! I love the look on your mom's face with the surprise...your mom is fun to surprise!

Celia said...

I am so sad we missed it. It looks like a lot of fun! Thanks for posting so many pictures. It is great to see everyone!

Anonymous said...

Any chance I can get a disc with the pictures on it? I love it! What a great night!

Julie said...

LOVE the pictures. Thanks for posting, so sad we missed this one!! How fun! My favorite outfit of the night was yours :)