Day 3, St. Maarten. We started out the day eating way too much (we had to get stuffed so it'd last through out the day...). We woke up early so that we could get off the boat and to the nearest beach. We rented a car this day, which was so fun, and so cheap! Matt and I soon realized we didn't bring enough cash. The first two days we had spent most of it on taxi's and tour guides, so renting a car was awesome. It was $20 a couple, so I was pumped. Matt was the driver. I think all of us (except Matt) aged a little bit that day. He drove like a mad man. The roads are so narrow and hilly. He'd be driving so dang fast around blind corners or sharp turns. It was way scarier than any of the cab driving experiences. We went to three difference beaches that day. Each were beautiful. One of beaches we went to was totally private. So private in fact, that on a little stroll down the beach Matt, Aaron and Eddy found a couple sun bathing in the nude. What fun.
As we were leaving the last beach, we all piled in the mini van and Matt started to back up (way too quickly I might add). I look out my side view mirror and saw another car and yelled "MATT!" At that same moment, there was the loudest "CRUNCH" sound. He had hit the car behind us. I was so freaked out. Here I was so pumped about saving a few bucks on our own transportation, and here we just wrecked two cars. I was way ticked off, and I didn't want to see the damage. To everyone surprise, the car we hit wasn't damaged at all! Not even a scratch! Our car had only a little tiny dent in the bumper.
What a relief. Thanks to Mike's strong muscles, he was able to push the dent out, and the car was returned good as new.
We stopped to take one last look at the beautiful island and snap some photos. A dog ran up to our car and lifted it's leg (you can't see it really well from this picture).
Way funny! What a day this has been! We loved it all. The beaches were really so much fun, great waves! We got tossed around in the ocean like crazy. I still have sand in my ears!
No comments:
Post a Comment