I need to do better at documenting this pregnancy. The poor 3rd child syndrome. I was so good for Amber, and took a picture almost every week. I think this is my second photo of this pregnancy. I'm actually 31 weeks now, but this picture was taken at 30 weeks, right after my doctor's appointment. I was right, and Hawaii did give me a spike in my weight gain. I wish I had more self control! It's no wonder I gain so much while pregnant. It's so depressing leaving the hospital with a baby and 30 pounds to loose. On to better things, I'm feeling good, just large. I hate not being able to bend well, not being able to snuggle with my kids, the heartburn, the constant out-of-breath, and mostly the feeling something is going to drop out of my at any second. I feel so much pressure and seriously feel like I'm in labor all day. But what I LOVE, is feeling this baby girl kick. There is nothing like it! I love it when my belly is lop-sided. She moves so much, 24-7 it seems. That's how Amber was too. Parker wasn't as active.
I had an ultrasound last week (at 20 weeks they found a cyst on her kidney, so this was a follow up to see if it had grown, etc.). We were so pleased to find out the cyst is no longer there, or it's too small to show up on ultrasound. It was a huge relief. I wasn't too concerned, but the unknown was concerning. I guess it's really rare in a fetus, so my doctor and the radiologist didn't know a whole lot about what it could be. So it turns out nothing! We feel really blessed! It was fun to see her moving around so much during the ultrasound, but also being able to feel it at the same time as well was cool. They said she weighs about 3 pounds now, and my official due date is January 17th. Pretty crazy. I'm getting so stressed about 3. I have not heard anyone say three wasn't too bad. EVERYONE says it was by far the biggest adjustment and so dang crazy. Having a 3 1/2 year old, a 2 year old and newborn does seem a little crazy, but I'm really looking forward to meeting her and seeing the kids with her as well.

On an entirely different note, I finished Harry Potter, the ENTIRE series! I am so dang proud of myself. I have mentioned before I am NOT a reader. Before reading the Harry Potter series I think my list of books consisted of 5 books at most, most likely less. It was so fun to read them back to back. I was determined not to watch the 5th movie until I had read the book, and then was even more determined not to go to the 6th movie until I had read it as well. Fortunately for me, they postponed the premiere of the 6th, so I'm in the clear. I LOVED reading the books, and am so sad I'm done. I'm tempted to do it again. What do I do now? For my birthday I got Pride & Prejudice because that movie is my absolute FAVORITE. No joke, I've watched it at least 20 times. Any time Matt is out of town (work, hunting, etc.) I watch it, sometime every night that he's gone. It is such a classic. Every time it's over I find I want more, the movie just wasn't enough. So I really enjoyed reading that book, and read it in three days. But honestly, now what? Any ideas? Should I attempt The Twilight series? The only way I can get through the gym now is with good reading materials, so I'd appreciate any input!
10 comments:
Do it! Go to the dark side. The Edward & Bella saga await. Plus, if you finish the first one at least by next Friday, we can all go to the movie. Trust me, it won't be hard to do.
I know there are lots of Twilight haters out there, but they just secretly love it. Trust me. It will definetly get you through your workouts.
And I'm so glad your baby is okay. That cyst thing was crazy!
And p.s. I saw you yesterday and you look GREAT! Thirty shmirty my butt.
You for sure need to read the twilight books! You won't be able to put it down! I loved them and can't wait to see the movie....In fact im going to be one of the crazies at the midnight showing of it with all my neighbor friends. So for sure just do it!
If anyone can be a cool mommy to three it is you!
Trish, you have to read Twilight. Better than Harry Potter if you ask me. If nothing else it will get you some gym workouts! I am so happy about the cyst. Yippee. That is just one less thing to worry about.
You look so dang good in the prego photo. what a hot Mamma...literally.
Wow your hair has grown ! You look like a beautiful pregnant woman. I like the pictures of the kids that you posted on Halloween. With us all is going well, too. Concerning my foot, luckily no stitches were needed, but it was painful for two weeks and Bryan of course felt really bad. You need to give me your email adres, I think I don't have it. Have a great day and tell your family high.
Trish! I can't believe you only have 9 more weeks! It seems like you just barely made the announcement. Wow! I'm so excited for you. And you look like a babe carrying that babe!
you will love Twilight. Seriously, just do it. Although you may want to warn Matt that you will soon have another love in your life.
You look so cute!
Trish, you look so good, and you deserve it. Hey, thanks for hanging out/ talking/ eating really yummy treats/ and working the other night. I love everything about you and think you are an amazing Girl, Mom, and wife. Sorry that I talked your ear off. Have a good week!!
So, it's been a while since I've been on here, but yes, I would definitely suggest the Twilight series. It's great reading! And by the way, your tummy looks so cute! I know it's not easy to feel cute during pregnancy, but every time I've seen you, you have looked dang cute! So forget how you feel...look at how you look! You look great, Trish.
Okay, I'll be the hater who says DON'T read the Twilight books. They do not even hold a candle to P&P or Harry Potter. Maybe I am a freak, but I really don't understand why everyone is so crazy about them. I read the first two and can't bear to read the others because the writing isn't great and I want to throw up every time I hear Bella (the worst protagonist in history - long live Lizzie Bennett) go on and on over how gorgeous Edward is.
Sorry for the rant. Other great books instead: Any of the Jane Austens- Emma, Sense and Sensibility, etc. Into This Air by Jon Krakauer (about the disastrous climbing expedition on Mt. Everest), Crossing to Safety or Angle of Repose by Wallage Stegner, Angela's Ashes, A Thousand Splendid Suns, The Giver, Poisonwood Bible, To Kill a Mockingbird, The DaVinci Code (you won't be able to put it down!), Peace Like a River, The Chosen, Confederates in the Attic, A Walk in the Woods (about hiking the Appalachian Trail), the Secret Life of Bees, A Room with a View, Ender's Game, The No. 1 Ladie's Detective Agency series, I could go on.
Post a Comment