Joan just celebrated her 28th birthday a couple weeks ago, in Texas. Carrie and I were fortunate enough to go down last weekend and spend some time with Joan. We decided that from now on, we'll meet every year around this same time to celebrate Joan's birthday, and to remember our sweet sister Joyce.
We started the weekend off with a few good laughs (my doors aren't automatic...) We wished my mom (Carol) could have been there, and thought it was quite appropriate when we saw this sign:

We spent Thursday hanging out, eating lots of food, and relaxing, and laughing! Joan let Carrie and I sleep in until after 9:00 on Friday, and then made us a yummy breakfast. We then left to go get pedicures and shop!

I saw my first real mall cop on a segway. I was baffled they existed. I thought the movie Mall Cop was just a spoof.

We got some great deals while shopping, but not all stores were offering great deals...
We had to take a trip The Cheesecake Factory. Carrie, Joyce, Joan and I went to dinner there three years ago when were were out for our girls weekend. We thought it was such a coincidence that of all the places to sit in the restaurant, we ended up in the same place as before. There were a lot of moments we felt like Joyce was with us. Any time I'm around Joan, I automatically think she must be hanging around!

We spent Thursday hanging out, eating lots of food, and relaxing, and laughing! Joan let Carrie and I sleep in until after 9:00 on Friday, and then made us a yummy breakfast. We then left to go get pedicures and shop!
We got some great deals while shopping, but not all stores were offering great deals...
We had to take a trip The Cheesecake Factory. Carrie, Joyce, Joan and I went to dinner there three years ago when were were out for our girls weekend. We thought it was such a coincidence that of all the places to sit in the restaurant, we ended up in the same place as before. There were a lot of moments we felt like Joyce was with us. Any time I'm around Joan, I automatically think she must be hanging around!
We spent Saturday eating, shopping more, and saw the Michael Jackson "This is it." movie. We over ate on all sorts of junk, yummy food, and crepes. What a fun memory! I love spending time with my sisters, and wish I could do more of it!
Here we are after a fun weekend of shopping. We all bought so much (for the kids of course!). Carrie and I had a really tough time fitting it all in our suitcase.
5 comments:
Your sister was totally with you the whole time. What I sweet post.
That Gap tag was hilarious. Took me a minute to do the math, but I can't believe that tag made it into a Gap store without one person noticing!
So fun!
What a wonderful memory and tradition to start, I am certain that Joyce was smiling and laughting with you! She had an amazing spirit about her and I love to hear that you have created this tradition.
Oh, Trish! That was so much fun. I need to update my blog now. What fun memories! I'm so glad we were able to make it happen! Thanks!!
Post a Comment