
Last weekend I was able to spend a great weekend with some of my most favorite people in the world: my mom, Emily and her mom, Vera. What a fun time we had!!! We spent all of our time chatting, laughing, shopping, eating, and more laughing and talking! I love these three people so much. I have known Emily for as long as I can remember. We grew up together, and have stayed really close even after we graduated. Emily and I have kids the same ages and genders, so it's been fun to hang out more and more as our kids have gotten a little bigger. I can't get enough of Emily! I always have such a blast when she's around. She is so dang funny, so much fun, a GREAT listener, just an all around great person. I am so lucky to have known her all these years. She really is one of my best friends.
As I was preparing for my speech at Stacie's wedding, I spend several days reading through my journals trying to find some funny memories from my past. I have a horrible memory, so was really hoping my journals would pull through for me. Needless to say, I read over and over again about fun memories with Stacie and had a major blast from the past...but I couldn't believe how much of my journal had Emily in it! I had forgotten how close we were even as youngsters. I feel like I'm way closer to her now than I ever have been before, but I guess we had our fair share of good times growing up! It just goes to show that where you live is such a huge deal. I was lucky enough to have a neighborhood full of fun girls all my age. I want the same for Amber. All my years of girls camp and weekly activities, sports, all with my ward friends was priceless. I was so lucky to have such good girls as friends growing up.
I wish Emily and I lived next door. Our kids are already pretty good buddies, but think of the fun they could have if they were neighbors! Think of the fun Emily and I could have! Here are a few things they've enjoyed together over the past year (thanks Emily for the photos...with a broken camera luckily Emily has kept good track).
5 comments:
I am so glad you got these! I was meaning to ask if you did. Thanks for all the nice things you said. You really are the best! My Mom and I loved our Midway weekend. Ry and I have an idea for a trip with the whole fan dam. I will call you!
So cute. Emily really is the best. I am glad you guys had such a fun trip! and I totally agree, the friends you grow up with are priceless!!
I'm jealous you got to spend a weekend in Midway with Vera! (and Mom and Emily.) What a blast.
How fun!! That looks like just a fabulous time. Why didn't I realize you and Emily were so close growing up? I should have remembered that. It looks so fun to have a friend with kids the same ages/genders!
I haven't seen you in a while it seems. So are you saying you are going to move out the neighborhood too? j/k
How was texas?
Post a Comment