We had such a fun day today! I signed Amber and Parker up for a "track meet" that was today. I was super excited for it and got the kids all excited as well. I had no clue what to expect, but we got there and they put everyone in to three groups based off their age. The three events they participated in were: Jump, long and short run, and throwing. Parker and Amber were in different groups so I worried they wouldn't participate with out the other. They both did AWESOME though! It was seriously so dang fun and they both loved it!






Amber won first place in the long run and second in the short run. She first did the short run, and when she got second place she was pretty disappointed in herself. She said "I only want to be first." So when it was time for the long run she was totally prepared and took off. It was super cute to see her competitive side come out. I was totally competitive as well! I wanted Amber and Parker to win it all! You can't help but be a proud parent on the side lines cheering them on. I kept telling them before we even got there this was just for fun and it didn't matter if you came in first or last. I really believe that BEFORE the event and then couldn't help but get super excited and hope they won.
So the jump was Parker's first event. He was acting so shy and I didn't think there was any way he would participate, but he did! One moment he was shy and burying himself in to my hip, the next thing you know the guy yells "ready, set, go!" and Parker took off. Is this just the cutest?
After the track meet we went swimming. It was my first time taking all three kids by myself. I was pretty nervous, but all went well. No drowning! After about a half hour of wressling the three kids a lifeguard asked "do you want life jackets for them?" Typically I don't do floatation stuff hoping they'll learn how to swim on their own, but I gladly accepted them and it made the next two hours a breeze! It was a fun day, we're all exhausted but honestly what a great way to start the weekend!
6 comments:
That is the cutest thing Ever! What a fun idea!!
Wow you are really going crazy with posts! I love hearing all about the Demings!
How lame that I forgot about this. I totally wanted to do it and so did my kids. Looks like it was a success though and they had a great time! I guess it shows you where my brain is these days....
So cool about the track meet. I love that you took your kids there. They will always remember that! You are the BEST MOM!!!
Parker has awesome form! I love that jumping picture!
That is so cute! I had no idea. Silly me. That's brave of you for taking them all swimming. No way. Not here. Not yet. :)
Post a Comment