Sunday, September 2, 2007

Adventures in Dog Sitting



I slept over at my sister-in-laws house with the kids on Friday night, meanwhile the dogs were left at home ("dogs" meaning mine, Libby and Sara's dog Montana). When I got home Saturday morning, I walked in the house and immediately smelled the nastiest smell. Amber kept asking "what's wrong Mommy?" as I'm close to dry heaving walking from room to room sniffing to find the source. Amber said "something is stinky in here." I don't know if she could really smell it, or if she was just imitating me. I can't find the source though, but I KNOW it's the smell of dog poop. I go outside to see if there's a big pile by the door that is somehow making its way in, when I discover Montana's food bin, slightly chewed through and totally empty. She had managed to break open the food bin and eat her entire weekend's stipend. Needless to say all the food caused some major gas, which was let loose for several hours I'm sure (I mean the whole house reeked!). I opened every window and aired it out all day. By evening the smell had gone away! Thank heavens! It was pretty nasty, but also quite funny.

No comments: