Matt and I just got back from a quick trip to Texas, WITH OUT the kids! It was a quick trip, Friday to Sunday, but it was great. I have a lot of family there: my two sisters Joyce and Joan, and my brother Roger. We originally went for the Dave Matthew's Band Concert (our friend's brother was supposedly opening for them in Dallas only...). It was a perfect weekend to go though. My cute sister Joyce was hospitalized Thursday for the entire weekend, so it was a great weekend to boost her spirits and be with her. Joyce was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer in September, 2005. She has had miracle after miracle and we're so lucky she's with us! Her little boy Jake was born just after Parker, so December 2007. Her cancer returned while pregnant and so she continues to fight it (it's now in her liver). She is so amazing and such an example to us all. I've never met anyone with a more positive attitude. She has endured so much. I don't know how she does it. She had a rough time in the hospital (although you'd never know it from the looks of her in these pictures). Like I said, she is amazing, and her husband is amazing.
This is Joan (her twin), Jake and Joyce
So the concert was a bust! I was so disappointed! We've seen Dave a few times, so I was expecting so much more. The previous time we saw him was AWESOME and I contemplated becoming a "roadie" full time for his show so that I could tour and see him perform all the time! It was so great and fun and just one song after another-it was all so dang good, no complaints at all. I never wanted the concert to end. WELL...not the case in Dallas! His opening song was so SLOW and boring. It was like a 20 minute slow song. Who opens with such a downer? The songs that followed weren't much better. FINALLY he played a peppie song, but just one after another was slow and boring. He also took a good 3 minute break between each song, so it's not like it went from one to another continuously. The raging alcoholics in front of us were getting a little upset about it and were ready to run up on stage and do something about it. Matt of course had a good time, but I don't plan to see Dave ever again. I was totally bored half way through. In fact, some of our friends left half way through. It literally was lame. I think the show catered to the pot heads, so I'm sure they enjoyed themselves. I'm surprised I wasn't enjoying it by the end...we were surrounded by doobies. Folks were puffing all night long! I said to Matt several times I thought Dave was so wasted he didn't even know what he was doing. He actually sang parts of the same song twice. I'm not much of a concert goer myself. There are only a few people I'd pay to see. Dave was one of those few, but after Saturday night's concert, never again.
This is before the concert: Chad (my sister Joan's husband), Matt and my brother Roger
These are my sister's cute kids Morgan & Emery. Emery was just born in May, 2007 so this was my first time meeting her. I wish Texas weren't so far away! The whole weekend was great though. Don't let me sound so down about the concert. The company was great, and just being able to be there while Joyce needed visitors was great! I actually looked for flights to go back first thing this morning. I already can't wait to go back.
8 comments:
Trish, Those were great pictures. I was happy to see some of Joyce since I haven't seen her for so long. I can't wait to hear more details about the weekend. Bummer about the concert! Talk to ya soon, Stacie
how fun to get away together-it's the best! you sister looks so amazingly happy and upbeat. I remmeber her she is so cute!
how fun to get away together-it's the best! you sister looks so amazingly happy and upbeat. I remmeber her she is so cute!
Hi Trish,
I am so happy you were able to get away. Your sister is amazing! I can't even imagine going through that with a little one.
We miss you guys! Maybe we can get together later this week.
Sorry DMB was lame. I've seen them live a few times and usually they rock. Good to see you ended up having a fun time anyway. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your fam.
I just found your blog and I love it! I loved seeing pictures of your cute kids and Joyce. She is in our prayers!
Love,
Em
sweet, sweet Joyce. This trip was meant to be. I'm so sorry Trish. I'm praying for you. Love you!
Dear Trish,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys.
Love,
Amber
Post a Comment