Saturday, May 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Amber!!!

Happy Birthday Amber! Amber is now officially 4. We have been saying she is 4 since Aubrey is born because we don't get as many strange looks when we say we have a 3 year old, 2 year old and a new born. That seems to get quite the reaction. Anyway, so now we can honestly say she's four! Amber has always acted older than she really is. I hear that from her 2 preschool teachers and her dance teachers. I feel like I take her for grated some days. She really is such a good kid. We are so lucky to have her in our family. We had a fun day on her birthday, although Matt had to work all day, so the celebrating was left to me, Parker, Aubrey and Amber. I gave her a long list of all the things she could choose from to do. A few were: go to a movie, go swimming, go to the zoo, go to Discovery Gateway, or go to the Dinosaur Museum. She chose the Dinosaur Museum. I was surprised...she is such a movie junkie, I thought for sure she'd want to go to a movie! I also told her I'd make anything in the world she wanted for dinner. What did she choose? TACOS!!! What the? Who knew she loved Taco's that much.


Thank you Grandpa and Grandma for the new pink soccer ball! It's a hitI made cupcakes instead of a birthday cake for Amber this year. I am the TOTAL opposite of crafty/creative, so this was quite the ambitious task for me to take. I had so much fun, but honestly what hard work. It took forever!!!! Luckily I had three sleeping kids at once, otherwise who knows how I would have accomplished such a task.
Parker would have eaten all the cupcakes if we would have let him, he is such a candy junkie.

Here is Amber blowing out her candles.




Parker wasn't too sure about this shark. He said "Scary Mom."


The kids could spend hours digging for bones. I love this part of the museum.










Here are some of my favorite things about Amber:
She is compassionate, and is concerned about others feelings
She is such a good friend to others, including her brother Parker
She is so happy
She loves swimming and jumping on the tramp
She is such a good listener, and follows directions so well
She is a smarty and constantly surprises me with what she knows
She loves to read, and loves to learn
She has such a goofy side to her, and loves to make us laugh
She loves animals, loves to color and paint, loves to sing and dance, and LOVES to spend time with her family.
She loves her dad more than anything! She asks for him when she wakes up and wants him to tuck her in at night. They have a special bond that started from birth.
I told Amber on her birthday my experience of when I went to in labor with her. It was so fun to tell her little bits and pieces and see that she truly understood what I was saying. She loved hearing the story, so it was fun to reminisce with her. We had a fun birthday that day. I've always said 4 is my favorite age. I think at this age kids say the cutest things ever! I find myself laughing each day at the things she says. It's so fun to be at this stage. I wish it would last forever!!!

Now just a quick update on Aubrey...
Aubrey rolled over for the first time. This is a picture of us right after she rolled over.





This is her right after her first official roll over! Way to go!


3 comments:

Michelle said...

It really seems like yesterday that Amber was born. I can't believe I have known you that long! Time flies my dear, time flies!

Ashley said...

Holy Cow Trish! I can't believe Amber is 4! She is such a sweetheart. I'm glad you got to celebrate such a fun birthday together. And props to you on the cupcakes! They look scrumptious.

And tell Aubrey she has to stop growing until I can meet her! She is so adorable!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Amber!!!