So if you recall, my last blog I made a statement that went something like "having two kids close together really hasn't been bad..." well, the past week has been INSANE! I take that statement back! Amber has decided she no longer naps, and instead likes to destroy at least one major item per day. If I take my eyes off her for a second, she's in to something. She used to be so good and would just hang out and not get in to anything! As I look back on the past week, I'm reminded it all started with Halloween. We put her candy up in the cupboard and next thing we know she's pushing the chair over so that she can reach the cabinet and help herself. I don' t think it ever really dawned on her before to be mischievous, but now she has a reason to be. Despite that, work has slowed down dramatically but I can't seem to get even one appraisal out within a week. My time to work was during Amber/Parker's nap and since Amber doesn't nap anymore I am limited when I can work. I try to go to the gym in the AM, and evening is nuts with dinner, Relief Society stuff, Primary meetings, family stuff, etc. When do I work?! I'm going crazy! Poor Matt and the kids (I think I've said that in previous blogs as well).
On to happier, more uplifting topics, Halloween was really fun. Amber was totally in to it this year which makes it all the more fun. Amber was Ariel and Parker was a pea in a pod. His costume was WAY too small, so the poor kid was scrunched and couldn't move (it reminded us of poor Ralphie on A Christmas Story). I think the costume was intended for 0-6 months when they can't crawl!
We went trick-or-treating with Sara, Mike & Will and with Ashley & Anna. It was too dark to get a photo of Ashley & Anna when they arrived, so sorry! Props to Sara for constructing Mike's costume in 24 hours. Way to go! He looked great! I wish you could see Montana's costume. She was a spider. She was dang proud of it too. What a cute little family!
Later we went to Matt's parents to say hello. We ate more candy, along with pizza and donuts. Honestly, I can't imagine how small I'd be if I could just have a little self control! Why do the holidays bring on such yummy treats? Below is a picture of Amber & Parker and their cousin Issak. We had a great time though. We didn't get many trick-or-treaters though. Matt stayed home while Amber and I went out, and he said maybe 12 groups came over. That's nothing! I bought good candy too! How unfortunate that it's left for me to eat.
1 comment:
SOOOO cute Trish! Hey it was good to hear from ya. We need to get a group together for christmas!Is that Sara in that picture? Will you tell her hi for me? I don't have her email address anymore. Doe3s she have a blog?
Post a Comment